Do you find it difficult to prepare an omelet? Be the queen or king of breakfast omelets with our recipe and how-to steps.
Browned Butter Egg Omelet
- Non-stick pan
- Silicone spatula
- Cheese grater
- Medium - size mixing bowl
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 ¼ tbsp unsalted butter, chilled
- Whisk together three eggs, the egg yolk, chopped cilantro leaves, salt, pepper, grated cheddar cheese, and whole milk. Cut in about ⅔ of the unsalted butter and let sit for fifteen minutes.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the pan on medium-low temperature.
- When the butter starts to brown, set the temperature to low, and pour in the egg mixture.
- With a silicone spatula, go underneath the omelet and lift it a little, so the liquid uncooked egg mixture can find its way to the bottom and cook itself. Repeat multiple times.
- When the egg omelet is cooked to your preference, use the spatula to fold it over.