Simple and tasty, these Oat & Egg Pancakes are a bodybuilders’ go-to breakfast.
Four years ago, my fitness obsession was in peak, and I was researching recipes that would help me on my toned-muscles journey. Everyone who prefers to have a high protein breakfast knows this struggle — after a while, the simple oatmeal or egg made three hundred ways gets boring. I found a recipe that combined raw oats with eggs, but I wasn’t happy with the result, so instead of raw oats, I decided to use cooked ones. The development of the recipe did not stop here. I had to add my favorite ingredients – the extra sharp cheddar cheese, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and spices.
Jiggers n’ Drams’ Oats & Eggs Pancakes recipe makes a large breakfast for two people. Filling your stomach, we guarantee you won’t get hungry for the next couple of hours.
Oats & Eggs Pancakes
- Small bowl
- Medium - size mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Cheese grater
- Mini frying pan
- 1 cup raw oats
- 2 ¼ cups water
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup pistachios & sunflower seeds blend
- 1 tbsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, pour 2 ¼ cups of water over raw oats and microwave on high for two minutes. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat two eggs and two egg whites with a hand mixer.
- Combine the salt, spices, and grated extra sharp cheddar cheese with beaten eggs.
- Add oats, pistachios, and seeds to the mixture and combine them in a mass.
- Heat a mini frying pan to medium-high temperature and scoop the pancake mixture.
- Fry the pancakes for two minutes, flip and fry the other side for another two minutes.