Looking for a unique departure from run of the mill cookies? Try our pistachio white chocolate chip cookies that combine the so-good pistachio flavor with hints of lemon. Adding in the sweetness of white chocolate makes this recipe a celebrity of Jiggers n’ Drams. Developed from the basic chocolate chip recipe, these cookies are soft, chewy, and irresistible.
Pistachio White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Hand mixer
- Two medium-size bowls
- Small saucepan
- Mixing spoon
- Two baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of demerara sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pistachio extract
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp fine salt
- 6 oz white chocolate chips
- 6 oz unsalted pistachios without shells
- Turn on the oven, set it at 375 °F. Also, heat the saucepan to medium-high temperature.
- Sift the flour into a medium-size bowl. Stir in the baking soda and salt.
- In the saucepan, melt the butter and mix in the sugars until they slightly dissolve.
- Pour the butter-sugar mixture into a separate medium-size mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, blend in the vanilla and pistachio extract. Add the lemon zest as well.
- Let the butter cool down about two minutes and mix in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the flour mixture in parts to the liquid ingredients. Use the hand mixer to avoid clumps.
- With a wooden mixing spoon, stir in the white chocolate chips and pistachios.
- Line two baking sheets with a parchment paper. Scoop about two tablespoons of cookie dough onto the sheet pans. For chewy, soft cookies bake for fourteen minutes.
- Take the sheet pans out of the oven and let cool.