If your other half categorically refuses to eat avocado, and you, on the other hand, can’t live without it, we at Jiggers n’ Drams may have a sandwich recipe that could help this issue.
Avocado And Carnivores
I remember in the summer, my husband and his buddy Mike were working hard that day till late night, so I fixed them in our restaurant a steak salad with sliced avocado. Mike, who never eats avocados, said that the meal was delicious; however, his wife never convinced him to eat that nutritious green fruit. By the way, when Mike came back next week, he told me that he mentioned the avocado salad to his wife and got into trouble, so I bet he’s eating avocados since then.
Indeed, I learned a lesson. Men are carnivores. So if you want him to eat avocados, serve them with his favorite chunk of meat first. The best way is to make him a prosciutto sandwich with avocado (What men could resist a sandwich? With meat? Hello?!). The list of ingredients and step-by-step instructions are down below.
P.S.: The sandwich is crunchy too. 😉
Prosciutto Sandwich With Avocado And Spinach
- One medium-size pan
- 2 whole-wheat bread slices
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 small avocado
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- Sam's Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Heat up a medium-size pan. Spread mayonnaise on each slice of bread from both sides and grill them on the pan. Grill until brown.
- While the grilled bread slices are still hot, sprinkle about ½ cup of shredded Parmesan cheese on each slice. Sprinkle with Sam's Bagel Seasoning.
- Add two cups of baby spinach to the pan and sprinkle the leaves with Sam's seasoning. Grill until the spinach slightly cooks, about one minute.
- Lay the spinach on the top of the slice and pour ketchup over it.
- Slice one small avocado and put it on the top of the bread. Again, sprinkle with Sam's Bagel Seasoning.
- The last layers are the prosciutto and the second slice of grilled bread on top.
You have to be aware that this sandwich is pretty caloric because of the fatty ingredients. Please follow our social media for more tasty recipes. 🙂